Where do I start? Beginners Guide
SATIVA STRAINS TEND TO...
• grow tall (especially in the flowering phase)
• be heat-resistant (but unable to cope with cold)
• grow into long buds
• have a more easy, uplifting effect
INDICA STRAINS TEND TO...
• grow short
• be better in cold (but worse in heat)
• grow into dense buds
• have a more heavy, relaxing effect
AUTO-FLOWERING STRAIN TENDS TO...
• automatically start making buds just a few weeks after they sprout – this is why they’re called auto-flowering strains.
Traditional strains grown indoors need to be manually forced to start making buds by altering light periods.
• be ready to harvest quickly, in 2-3 months
• be smaller, plants stay a manageable size
• can be grown outdoors in most climates
• not sensitive to light leaks or light periods
• feminized auto-flowering seeds always make
• more suitable for beginners
HOW TO PICK YOUR SEEDS
THC or CBD?
The effects of marijuana are determined by the cannabinoids.
The most famous are:
- THC which is the main cannabinoid and causes the "typical" stoned mental effects
like feeling uplifted, creative and euphoric.
- CBD wich does not have psychoactive effects and is often used for medical
For medical use:
• Against anxiety choose low THC and high CBD. Examples: Cannabis Light
• Against body pain, choose a strain with a mix of pain-relieving cannabinoids.
Examples: CBD Star, Zensation, Mamacita ́s Cookies.
• Against nausea or lack of appetite, choose strains with high THC.
For recreational use:
• For more psychedelic effects or higher energy use high THC, low CBD.
Sativa strains might be great for this. They will make conversations easier.
Examples: Carnival, Ultra White Amnesia and Mandarin Haze.
• For relax and chill out effects, Indica strains might be good for this.
Examples: Big Bud XXL, Northern Lights and Zensation
• For sleeping or sedative effects. Examples: Auto CBD Star, Auto Northern
Lights and Auto Cheese NL.